Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Am fine.. well, almost.

Thanks VJ for inquiring... please read the below rant if you are really interested :-)

The last few weeks have been extremely hectic.

Actually, we live right next to my parents and ever since we came to Madras, I haven't really cooked much. Breakfast, lunch and dinner was handled by Mom. Now, my parents have to gone to visit my sister.

So, all of a sudden I have to cook, clean and manage both the houses (both ours and parents'). Combined with some really heavy duty work at office front, my body protested!

I have been having a bad knee ache for some time now and since it worsened, I finally decided to go and seek some treatment. I visited the Kerala Ayurveda clinic for a 5 day session and everyday, for about 45 minutes I took a Abhyangam (complete oil massage) followed by a 'Elakizhi' treatment. It was good on the whole and I do feel quite rejuvenated now.

But unfortunately my father-in-law met with an accident and fractured his leg. A van knocked him off right on the Kathipara flyover! Thank god he escaped with a fractured leg and not anything more serious. Nevertheless, he has to take complete rest for a month and the doctor being closer to our place, we brought him over to our house to take care.

So, the treatment, office work, the house-keeping, cooking and taking care of F-I-L took all the time I had and more.

Now, I don't have a maid to clean the house. And realized that 3 adult males (C, my brother and F-I-L) can create quite a mess in the house! The floors are dirty, the shelves are dusty, laundry bag piling up and washed clothes dumped on chairs to be folded, vessels to be washed, plants to be watered, scores of guests and visitors to be attended and some more.... well, I lost it and was so exhausted and drained that I sat and cried piteously on 2 nights!

I don't know what point am trying to prove anyone by doing it all by myself! I feel like an idiot to have strained my body this much. I really am going to look out for a 'good' maid who can help me out starting next month. 'Good' being the keyword. Let us see how it goes.

5 comments:

Artnavy said...

poor you

but if i may suggest
while u r at it pl ask C to chip in

also try getting a nurse for your FIL for a while maybe

VJ said...

you really need help... get a good maid ASAP.
dont stress too much !!!

DC said...

Art - it was unfair on my part not to acknowledge C's help. he does chip in every now and then... just that doing it daily is tough...given his tight working hours.

VJ - yes, a maid is what i really need. hope i find someone reliable.

Subhashree said...

Aww.. hugs. I can understand how draining it is. Hope your FIL is better. BTW, when are your parents back?

DC said...

subha - parents should return by July/Aug.