Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Some Psychos

Some of you readers may know that C got a brand new bike (Yamaha FZ)at the start of this year, for his office commute.

He loves it completely and takes so much care... so much that he even refuses to take me out on it to the beach or any such place fearing someone might scratch it or mis-handle it.

Last night he was wiping it clean before covering it and it was taking longer than the usual and I peeped out of the window to see what he was upto... he was looking a bit dazed and stunned! Someone had peeled off two stickers and a cute reflector light on the rear of the bike!! I rushed out and saw what had happened. I was feeling such intense rage at whoever did that unimaginable and unwarranted act! I was especially sad to see the reflector missing. It is such a cute little thing that reflects the brake light and is the highpoint of the bike's rear. I really loved the way it shone at night. The stickers too... they are on either side of the petrol tank and really stuck well.

So, someone meticulously sat there in the parking lot and peeled it off and must have used a pen-knife or something to gouge out the reflector. Who would do that? Why would they do that? Psychos for sure!!

Fortunately there are no visible scratch marks anywhere else. We enquired at the bike showroom and the stickers and reflector can be fixed. The stickers cost Rs.42 each and the reflector about Rs.15. If someone could afford that bike, will he be cheap enough to indulge in such transgression for something that costs so little? Surely it was not done for the money. It was just an act of a pervert mind. I literally cursed that whoever took it will really have a bad tummy ache and generally will suffer! I was immediately also scared that I thought of very harsh things :-( What to do? That is how my mind works.

Even though I annoy C by telling him that the bike is only so-so ;-) (come on, he never takes me for a ride on it!) I guess I felt really bad because he loves his bike and the look on his face was unbearable. He didn't seem angry.. just dejected.
Don't worry C. We will try to fix it over the weekend.

4 comments:

Artnavy said...

is there no watchman in the building?

ur anger is so justified.

VJ said...

true pyschos !!
I would be seething with anger too !!

mnamma said...

It really is annoying - actually annoying is putting it mild 'vayatherichal' would be more appropriate on looking at vandalisms like these. May your tummy ache jinx come true.

Subhashree said...

What's up? Long time, no post.