Thursday, November 13, 2008

Am Ashamed

I was quite irritable whole of last night and woke up this morning feeling a little better. Had some residual grouchiness but it slowly faded away. Thanks to C's persistent efforts to make me smile :-)

I don't know what made me feel so crabby. I only know it started soon after I saw that Law College incident on Sun News channel. What was that? Why were they behaving like barbarians? Why was the police (and media) just standing there without intervening? I don't want to go into this in more detail as I can feel my rage again... But, will these people EVER change? Don't tell me it happens everywhere... if it happens then that has to change as well. And No, I don't have any solution. I can only feel remorseful and cry my heart out. What I try is, to be as compassionate and tolerant as possible. That is all I can do.

That particular piece of violence agitated me so much and I couldn't sleep till 3 AM!! Combined with the fact that I am PMSing I was snappy and C had to bear my brunt. Sorry C, am really sorry.

I was working from home today. C pinged me asking me to go out and feel the pleasant and cool air...it was raining and he knew it would make feel better. And better I felt.

Work was light today, so I prepared Tofu Manchurian Soup and Mushroom-Peas pulao. C darling, it is for you. Hope you will like it. Am sorry for my abominable behaviour last night. But what to do? Blame it on the hormones!

I feel truly ashamed - of myself and of the state my country is degenerating into.

1 comment:

Artnavy said...

hope u r feeling better after the pulao, the manchurian and the weather!!

i dont know if u rea dthis- these were school kids....http://abouttimenow.blogspot.com/2008/09/mob-fury-and-road-rage.html