Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Bus Ride and Car Re-Registration

After almost 6 or 7 years, I travelled by the MTC bus! I mostly work from home (WFH) and drop into office occasionally. Tuesday was one such day. I still don't know many people in this new office and have just one or two people for company. So, I checked with one of the colleagues and she too wanted to leave by 5 in the evening. Took a 'Share auto' from office to reach the bus stop and then boarded a bus to reach home. It cost me less than Rs 10. If I had taken an auto like I usually do, it would have cost me Rs 80. Gulp! Guilt.

There are so many new buses that have been introduced. My colleague apprised me on the variety. A normal white board, yellow board, Express and Air-conditioned buses with automatic doors! Wow! While we were waiting for our bus, I got to see a brand new A/C bus and it looked very sophisticated. The driver was wearing a khaki uniform with a neat peaked cap! I so wanted to board it, but unfortunately it was not going anywhere near my destination.

But then huddling together with 4 or 5 other people in a medium sized auto, what with the bulky laptop bag and lunch bag, and not to mention the crowded bus, again standing amidst all those jostling men and women... I don't mind the occasional 80 bucks. Unless I figure out the optimal time to take the bus. Maybe after 10 in the morning and return by 5 in the evening and then WFH... need to sort this out.



Now, after a couple of trips to the MCO (Most Corrupt Office)i.e the RTO, we paid the road tax and have obtained the receipt. Yay! Apparently, we can drive around with this, till we get our new number. I was amply warned by ArtNavy's post on re-registration. So we were kind of prepared for the routine. Since my dad knew someone who knew someone in the RTO, who in turn, knew someone else in car registration dept., things happened pretty fast. Of course we had to grease those already dirty hands! Thousands for tax and a few more thousands for the guy who moved the papers. I was seething with rage but C and dad told me that Anniyans and Indians happen only in movies! Sigh.

Anyway, there are 2 plays in Vani mahal this Sunday. Crazy's Chocolate Krishna at 4PM and SV Sekar's Vaal Paiyan at 7. Let us see if we are able to catch the latter. Need the weekend quota of laughter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ayyiiiyiiiyooo

Artnavy said...

all the best!!