Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Updates on Baby S

Hello there, hope all you people are doing good. I just thought of doing a general update on Baby S.

She is becoming more and more naughty and playful. Previously it was very easy to distract her, but now she demands toys that we hide or remove from her. The reason being her 'toys' are not things that we approve like Plastic cover, newspaper, battery charger, camera, clothes (specifically the bottom part of any dress that accumulates the maximum dirt)!! Her own set of playthings are all neatly kept in a big bag and are not touched by her!

She loves to be cuddled and fondled.

She loves to remove her dad's specs and play with it.

Whenever C brings her near me, she has this most mischievous look on her face and gives a big grin before leaping to pull my hair :-))

She loves to bite my chin. She does that even in her sleep, when I am rocking her on my shoulder :-))

She loves listening to music. She also loves my singing to her. Her favorites are the A B C Song, Nila Kaigiradhu, Karpagavalli nin Por Padangal, If you are Happy and you know..., Aarumo Aaval and few more.

She listens to C playing guitar and more importantly blesses the guitar every time before he plays :-) She very cutely taps the guitar 2-3 times and then C is ready to play :-)

She also likes her thatha (grandfather) to sing Poonaikum Poonaikum Kalyanamam and Kalyana Samayal Saadham.

Overall she is a very happy baby (touch wood) and brings so much happiness to people around her.

Btw, there is a team outing planned in C's office in a resort near Mahabalipuram. We are tempted to take baby S along. But the thought of managing her in the car for close to 2 hours is making me very anxious. Because she gets very restless after 15 minutes or so and starts wriggling and moving about. Feeding her is also very difficult as she keeps twisting and turning :-)

So, here is a question to all the wise parents out there. How good is a car seat? Is it a good investment to make? Is it useful? Please do let me know so that we can come to a decision on it.

2 comments:

artnavy said...

It is supposed to be useful but we manage without- if it is a new thing for her better ease her in over a couple of weeks than try only on the day of the journey

i find music and books occupy babies and kids on car jpurneys - they love to look out of the window as well- i am sure she will love it

go for it!!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I was googling for poonaikum poonaikum kalayanamam lyrics and your blog showed up in the search results. My grand mum thought me this and but now to sing that to my daughter she's lost her memory because of stroke. Would be great if you can get me the lyrics from your granddad.

Thanks so much in advance.