Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Terror Fear

Yesterday I was in office by 9.15 or so. There were hardly 5 or 6 other people as people only start trickling in by 10.30 or so.

My seat is closer to the entrance and the office space is one huge hall with the restrooms and a small pantry room on the other side of the hall.

As I was sitting contemplating the day's work ahead I was suddenly engulfed by some sense of deep fear! What if some terrorists barged into the office? I know there were few security personnel downstairs checking the identity of anyone entering the premises. Also, I sit on the 6th floor. But still! What if they mercilessly shoot them down and take siege of the building? What should I do? Where will I hide? Under the desk? Nah! That is too obvious. Isn't that the place everyone chooses to hide? Won't those well-trained terrorist know that much? Can I run all the way across the hall to the emergency exit? Should I crawl across the floor and hide behind the stored cartons containing some newly arrived printers and servers? What about the steel bureau right across my desk? What about the wood and glass bookshelf next to it? Can I nudge it a little forward and creep behind it? My stomach was churning and my mind was racing! Trrring..... I hear a huge beep and mobile starts vibrating... C calls. I snap back to reality. Phew!

No comments: