Monday, February 9, 2009

My Best Friend's Wedding

was on Sunday, Feb 8th. I was really very happy to see her after some 6 years or so!
S is a dentist and is now the wife of a Doctor, Major. I feel proud and happy. I wish her a very happy, fulfilling and peaceful married life.

I hardly had any close friends. I had a few during my early school days and a couple of them in high school. S was one of them. I have to confess this friendship started from her first. While I was naive or rather stupid expecting few other girls to be my friends, who actually turned out pretty nasty, S was constantly by my side always giving me strength to cope with the new-school blues and the curt behaviour of some. I took time to warm up to her but slowly she turned out to be my best buddy in school. Ironically, we lost touch for many yrs and this helped reach out to her again. And from then on, it has been like before.

And in preparing to attend the wedding, I made my first purchase of 'make-up' :-)
Found a Health and Body shop near our place and it was a rather quick and impulsive buy. I detest going to these shops because of my fear of being ridiculed (!) at my lack of knowledge on cosmetics and the like. However, the staff manning this shop were pretty friendly. I made no bones about the fact that I knew nothing of foundation, compact and all that jazz. I asked her point blank what I needed to do and she very patiently explained it to me. After checking the prices of a few things, I decided to buy myself a Lakme compact and a nail enamel. Ha!

2 comments:

Timepass said...

Me too Me too..I too dont know anything about makeup..

DC said...

glad i have company! our types are very few i think...