Monday, March 23, 2009

Bloggers' Park!

Venue: Cafe Coffee Day, Adyar
Day/Time: Saturday, 4.30 PM
Occasion: Blogger's Meet

When Art informed of a blogger's meet last week, I was a little apprehensive. I so wanted to meet them all and see the faces behind the words that I read so religiously almost everyday. But there was this little something that was bothering me... I jokingly told C that it was 'Stranger Anxiety'. But then, he asked me to just go ahead and have fun. He seemed even more excited and was scouring google maps for the exact location!

So on Saturday, after moping around a bit, I finally decided to get ready. And I am glad I went. Met some really cool and fun people along with super cute kids :-)

Artnavy - She has this very pleasing air about her that I fell at ease immediately. Anush is just as sweet in person as she is in the photos. And thanks again Art for inviting me.

Itchy - It was good to see the face behind Mamma of Twins. She didn't bring along Ojas & Tejas though... I would have loved to see them.

CrazyMum - Couldn't talk much to her but I was stumped to see that she is the mother of 2 very sweet kids. Unbelievable.

Kodi's Mom - Again, if not for her blog, no one will really guess that she has 2 kids. Very 'just out of college' looking.

Lavs - She is so easy to get along with. And has a very infectious smile. Her kid is just a replica of his dad! She thought I looked familiar... let me know Lavs if you figure out where we could have met.

Timepass - The mystery queen! LOL! She and Art had planned to surprise the rest of us but Anush was very determined to make friends with Punch and the Surprise Aunty.
Punch is one very adorable baby. With large expressive eyes, she was just observing everyone with such interest. It is hard to believe it was she who punched the doll that was gifted to her.

For photos, go here

Finally, I was stunned to see all the kids so well behaved. It was all we adults making the ruckus!

6 comments:

Artnavy said...

Good C helped u make the decision to join in.

Here is to more blog meets!!

Lavs said...

Am glad you had fun. Will also let you know when my tired brain manages to unravel the mystery about me finding you familiar!

DC said...

Art, Lavs - Thank you girls. It was fun meeting you all.

Subhashree said...

Glad you had fun. Thanks for dropping by.

Stumped - because I was a mother or for the fact that I have 2 kids or that the kids were sweet? Just kidding, you don't have to answer that. I train them well to act in public. But they are really brats :)

Anonymous said...

*too thrilled with "just out of college" to say anything more*
:)
glad you had fun!
-KM

DC said...

Subha - If your kids are brats, then from your comment, I know where they get it from ;-)

KM - Welcome here. It was nice meeting you.