Monday, March 9, 2009

I, Me, Myself

Just when I was mulling over the idea of writing a 'Weekend Musings' post, I saw that VJ had tagged me!

The Rules are:
Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to link the person who tagged you.

OK - first an award from Art and now a tag from VJ. It sure feels like being a part of the real blog world now :-)

But I don't know if there are 25 things to write about myself... let me make a start and see how far it goes...


1. Am a Taurean. When I read the characteristics of a Taurean, I was amazed to see how well I fit into it.

2. I am a lefty. I write and do most of the everyday activities with my left hand but I eat with my right hand. I say that because I have had many people (in school, college) come up to me and ask if I eat with my left! (rolling my eyes)

3. Am reasonably tall. Am not a 6 footer or something, but a nice bit over the average height. I think am secretly happy about it because am not very fair (as in white skinned) and so having my height kind of gives me confidence!

4. I like to dance. Or rather choreograph. I get amazing moves in my mind for certain songs and I visualize myself dancing with such grace and rhythm :-) But the irony is I have NEVER learned it or danced in a party or whatever. It is just something I do in my mind (and sometimes along with C at home)

5. I am quite lazy. I need to be prodded to complete a task. But sometimes I get a spurt of energy and get things done like a whirlwind! (this weekend, a case in point)

6. I have quite strong likes and dislikes. If I don't like something, I detest 'it' completely. 'It' can be food, person, clothes... anything. At the same time, if I love something, then I do it wholeheartedly. Almost like a puppy... no matter even if you push me away, I will come right back to you happily.

7. I have this fetish of having pillows, bed covers and bed sheets in a certain way. Like the label of my bed sheet should be on the lower left corner. - So you are beginning to think am a nut case...

8. When am alone, cooking or folding clothes or doing one of those random chores, I sometimes talk to myself (not aloud but I have some silent conversation with either myself or with C!) - OK, even if you gave me the benefit of doubt on the last point, you are now branding me a freak!

9. Whenever I get a new dress, I wear it immediately and keep wearing it many times over the week. But I am not interested in make-up. I think I look pretty and beautiful the way I am. (go ahead, laugh all you want.)

10. I also consider myself very intelligent(!) If I set myself to a task, I do it exceptionally well. I work very fast too. But I am not very career oriented. I many times feel like quitting work and sitting at home. I have this almost arrogant belief that I can get a job whenever I want.

11. I have quite some characteristics of OCD. I almost break the door knob checking and re-checking if it is locked, wash my hands after touching anything I deem dirty - like the kitchen towel or the tip of the perfectly clean trash cover. (I have decided to make a fool of myself - this is fun!)

12. I sometimes get stuck on a song that I hear somewhere and it goes on loop continuously for days together. I sing, record it on the sound recorder (the one available on most computers), listen to my own voice (mostly destroying the song) and delete the file!

13. I can touch my nose with my tongue.

14. In spite of the long tongue, I strictly don't like to gossip (about relatives or people known to us very well) but I do indulge occasionally in gabfest about film actors, politicians etc.

15. I was an athlete in school. An erstwhile football player. I was really good at it. I love (almost all) sports. But now, I mostly watch it and hardly play. C & I occasionally play badminton (so that I don't let him go and play it with his friends - in spite of my real good motive for him to have some exercise) - Am sure VJ can empathize here.

16. I have just 1 or 2 very close friends. Had many friends during school/college days, but most of them are now acquaintances. Right now, apart from C, I have one very dear friend.

17. And as VJ wrote in her list, we (C & I) too listen to Crazy Mohan's and SV.Sekar's plays every night... it is good to go to sleep smiling. And we know almost all the dialogues by heart and keep using it now and then in our conversation.

18. My list reads almost like that 'list your quirkiness' tag that did the rounds long back... Let me remedy it. C & I had a love marriage. C was my senior in college.

19. I used to write poetry. Actually C used to write them as well and that is how we met and started to know each other in college. And if it is not obvious from my posts, I love C very much. :-) Almost all my posts have a reference to him.

20. I like to travel and see new places. It could be anything... need not be anything exotic. Even a simple visit to the beach invigorates and awakens the poet in me.

21. I think am quite a conscientious person. I would like to devote more time towards certain socially helpful causes.

22. Am also a very short tempered person. I get inflamed very easily.

23. Am a silly romantic at heart. I love surprises and flowers.

24. Even though I try hard not to be judgemental, when I see people belonging to different faith or upbringing I tend to form an opinion in my head (not always negative, but just that it plays a part in the way I perceive them). That being said, I am really incapable of identifying people correctly.

25. Phew! Finally, I love the Grape flavoured ice stick (mostly available only from Arun Ice cream) and since there is one sitting in the fridge am going to lick it to my heart's content and see how purple my tongue and lips are! What joy :-)

I can't tag 25 people. I just tag Timepass., I think it will be good to know some 25 random things about her.

6 comments:

Artnavy said...

u sound quirky and fun

we are taureans- same pinch

VJ said...

Thanks DC !! It was really nice to know you !
I am a lefty too.. and do most stuff with left hand and eat with right hand !!
can completely empathize on the sport point.
yup yup... we keep using S Ve dialogues in our day to day life too !!

DC said...

art - yay! fellow taurean.

vj - not a problem. i enjoyed doing it and what an unbelievable coincidence.. you a lefty too!

How do we know said...

oh... thats a nicely done tag, and i dont think u r a freak at all!

DC said...

How do we know - thanks for stopping by and more importantly for commenting :-)

Artnavy said...

hey- bloggers meet planned- want to join? mail me- okay?